Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What to Do in School

I am feeling very confused right now. I took a couple years off after high school with the intent to settle on a career goal, before entering college. I had a short list including, counseling, writing, teaching and (don't laugh) acting. Photography was not even in the picture back then. Anyhow, I have been on course for these past two years, working towards a bachelor- majoring in Eng. Lit. and minoring in Spanish. My trip to Spain earlier this year was a major wake-up call however, so the latter has since been crossed off the list.
Back in school this term, I find myself squelching the urge to #1 bury myself in my books, only coming up for air to greet my lovely husband, or #2 pass out my business cards (for photography) to everyone I meet in the streets, grocery stores and hallways of my school. Sadly, #3 writing all the books I hope to write before I die, has gone MIA. It's as if I am two, possibly three people, all with separate ambitions, talents and goals, yet all collaged into one! And I don't know if that makes me a 2 dimensional person or not, but I am definitely beginning to feel a need to burst out into a new level of life. If it's out there.
For now, I look forward to reaching through whatever these current barriers are, incorporating old passions with the new and creating a life of energy, discovery and growth!

No comments: