Sunday, July 26, 2009

NewPort

Photobucket

I've had a bit more energy now that work has been cut back to 2 days a week. Last weekend Jelani and I made a trip to the coast and thought it runs against the grain of our vacation morals- we snuck in a few tourist attractions.

We walked along the beach both days:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(I wasn't really feeling up to Jelani photographing my face... )

Though he did get a couple shots in...

Photobucket

Photobucket

(I found a lot of cool sea life including a GIANT purple jelly fish! I will post the video later).

Also, it was a beautiful day out. It was in the 60's which is perfect for my overheated (bun in the oven) self!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next day we visited a light house. Paid $7 for a 3 day pass (as if we'd be dying to go see a light house 3 day in a row!) and only stayed for a few minutes. There were some CRAZY flies out that were attacking everyone! Special bird/beach flies that I'd never seen before.

Photobucket

Here's a shot of the birds nesting:

Photobucket


Last, we found a couple good places to eat. Jelani always goes for the fish and chips.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: