Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally Baby Stuff!

I am so excited to finally have my prayer necklace properly put together! I used to make jewelry- just out of high school- so I still had some of the tools and know-how to finish this project myself!
For those of you not familiar with the Prayer Necklace concept, it is actually a necklace made of beads that were individually prayed over or blessed by friends and family. My AMAZING friend Lisa Kane (who also threw me an awesome baby shower) took me shopping for these semi-precious stones (seen in blue) and I later purchased the clear crystals as fillers.

Photobucket

I am finally free to work on Ella Marseille's room! Since I've been so exhausted and busy with with weddings, I haven't had a chance to post pictures of the projects we have already started!

Jelani has been working hard on her rocking chair... a great vintage find from craigslist that he stripped down and re-stained. Isn't it beautiful? We pick up the actual cushions tomorrow evening. (Think Sunshine YELLOW!!!)



Here's a sneak peak at the theme and feel of her room. If you look closely, you'll see a mint slash aqua blue in the photo background. This the color we're going for on her walls!



I was also finally able to decide on a diaper bag a few weeks back, which I purchased with free shipping from Amazon! This bag looks and feels like a large purse, but it's made out of water repellant material (pee pee repellant too) and has built in stroller straps. In this photo, I've got it packed with 2 outfits, 4 diapers, a bottle, 2 small blankets, and booties.



Now, these are not the same booties I have packed in her bag... those are more like Ugg's for newborns. These are actually a Gap find and one of their less expensive items. I can't bring myself to spend a million bucks on clothes I'm POSITIVE she'll outgrow in 3 weeks! But these little brown boots were calling my name and I couldn't resist:

1 comment:

The Guy and The Girl said...

Love it! Excited to see the finished product!

Side Note:

I use my friend Ruby's account to look at other people's facebook. I saw your comment on Lauren's wall. Wondering how she knew me. In high school I started going to The Hub in Philomath that's where I met my husband Phil. His brother is the pastor and over the years the high school group grew into a College group then a full Church, Doxology. We've had the same core group of friends since high school including Lauren who is from Corvallis and married Casey another one of Phil's good friends. One of Phil's bestfriends is Denny Bain. Denny's wife is Abby. Abby met Caylan through jess and their first borns. Caylan then got interested in DOX and met Lauren by going to her "tribe".

Ha ha ha, we're all connected!!!