Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inspire Your Imagination

When Claire La Faye first approached me about shooting her bridal line I remember feeling excited and almost nostalgic at the prospect. When she suggested shooting something childlike, fantastical and very whimsical I had to hold myself back from clapping like an idiot.
Here's the thing. I am a complete, utterly shameless girly girl. I love frills, sparkles and things that twirl in the night. Cheesy? Yes, I know. But when you look at Claire's gorgeous bridal designs you'll know what I mean by whimsical.
The challenge was to pull this off without making feta, or cheddar, or whatever other unwanted cheeses can be made in such situations. So, we began collaborating, shooting pictures back and forth, creating storyboards, et cetera. And came out with some touches and details we hadn't seen done before. And wha la! We came out with a gorgeous editorial that will appeal to every woman's inner child!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the whimsy

Anonymous said...

The first bridal gown is gorgeous!! I want to buy this gown when I get married. :) I'd love to know where or how you created the beaded laced veil. Gorgeous! Heather.gregoire@maine.edu

Lavenda Memory said...

Thanks. The head piece was designed by Claire La Faye. She handmade the jewel/ beading and then placed it over the tulle veil. The link to her site is on the post ( :