Thursday, January 20, 2011

Astronaut Globe

I was on facebook yesterday, when an actor friend of mine IMed me and asked if I was okay. I was quick to reply haha, I'm fine and all that. But after I logged off I stopped to think about it. The truth is, I am kind of in a tailspin of growth right now. I feel like I have been moving into, with, inside of a new stage of my life where everything I ever wanted is now attainable.
I don't mean like, financially, all of a sudden I am well-off or anything like that. I mean, where I used to see roadblocks, I now see potential exercise routes. Where there was once a book of rules, I see some mildly annoying suggestions.

It's like I am seeing and hearing other's points of views through an astronaut globe. You know what I'm talking about. It's like I am inside of this awesome astronaut suit, jumping around with no gravity to hold me down. And when someone says something that used to drag me down to earth, I am just kind of like, hey- I get to float. Don't mess with me.

This weightlessness that I've been wearing lately is affecting my brain, in the way that I mother my baby girl, in the way that I take photos. Especially in the way I perceive the world and my life, moment to moment.

This weightlessness is making me sad for other people, who are still dragging around in their muscle-building barbells, or whatever weird metaphor you'd like to use. It's making me sad, just to be sad. Because sad is being present. And being present is like waking up to my birthday every single day.

This weightlessness is making me sad. And it's also making me very aware of how much love I have for myself and for my family and for my friends. And even for my work.

All of this to say, I think you may be seeing some changes in me, if you happen to hang out with me often. And if you don't, if you just follow my blog, you are probably seeing some changes in my work. My work is always a reflection of my growth and my personality. So, if you see a little weightlessness, some melancholy and some love, you are probably seeing me in there somewhere.

Some shots of LoveJoy Bakers in the Pearl:

Photobucket

Photobucket

An outtake of fellow Photographer, Deneb, from our headshot shoot.

Photobucket

No comments: