Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Portland Fashion Photographer: Katie O'Grady

I first met Katie O'Grady in an acting class where she was teaching. I remember being very surprised by how tiny she is in real life. On film and in print this woman has a lot of presence so I was shocked to see her teeny frame striding through the room.
Star of the movie Rid of Me (now out in theaters), Katie is a strong, determined woman who actually produced and put tons of footwork into her current film. You know all the unglamorous work that runs on and on past the filming? Yep- Katie was there for that!
The first time I shot Katie was for the Cover of About Face Magazine and while I enjoyed shooting her in her home for that feature, I was dying to do an extended session with her. When she contacted me a couple months back about this shoot I was ecstatic! She wanted to capture a timeless quality in the images for a "character" series and I was all IN!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Location courtesy of Holly Stalder
Makeup and Hair: Terri Reece
Portland Celebrity Photographer: Lavenda Memory

No comments: