Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Portland Fashion Photographer: Winter is Coming

It was a beautiful day this morning and then bam- just like that- it became the Portland wetlands we see every winter. I kind of go stir crazy this time of year, because the southern girl in me begins to crave hot porches and freedom- you know- hot, 90° kind of freedom.
Anyhow, winter is becoming my "Testing Season". And for those of you who don't know what "testing" is, let me give you the low-down. A test is a shoot planned by a photographer or team in order to play out and test ideas and concepts. It's a great portfolio builder or updater and honestly, it's like scratching an itch for creatives. It means that we don't have to answer to a client for a moment, means that we get to take a photo of what we see instead of what we're supposed to see. *Sigh. Can you tell I love this part?


Photobucket

Now that I've initiated my own testing season I find myself waking earlier, walking outside more and scratching shoot ideas onto whatever grocery receipts I can find. It's really kind of exhilarating.
Now if only my brain could keep up with my inspirations, ha!



No comments: