Saturday, January 26, 2013

How to Shoot Models

Wow. I had a blast today. I ended up spending 12 hours at the studio shooting 3 models and then wrapping up, tearing down and cleaning up on my own. It's crazy without an assistant! Aparna Brielle came to give me a hand in the morning -thank goodness- or else I would have been at least 30 minutes late with set-up and missed lunch for sure!
The reason for my wacky brain today, is that I actually did all of the wardrobe pulls for this shoot myself. I have styled for shoots in the past, but it's usually been very casual. I have a few connections with local designers and boutiques, but I never had to pull 16 entire looks for 4 different concepts!
Our shoot schedule went down without a hiccop however and every model left with some AMAZING shots for their portfolio's. So excited to send their agencies these proofs...

Just to give you an idea of how it works: I like to be in touch with the agencies from the get go. This way  I can get a heads up on how each model is marketed... For Jacki (below, first set) we were going for "flirty and sexy, but still fun" versus, Kaila, (below, second set) who needed "something more high fashion and editorial" to prep her book for NYC.

 photo blogpostsmaller_zps2c97d472.jpg
Model: Jacki of Option Model and Media Makeup&Hair: Madeline Roosevelt Styling: Lavenda Memory

 photo KailaBriannesneakpeek-100_zps76ef477d.jpg

Model: Kaila of Seattle Models Guild  Makeup&Hair: Madeline Roosevelt Styling: Lavenda Memory

I didn't have a chance to edit shots of our first model, because my cards are yet to be fully uploaded, but her session was trickled with some commercial and some edgier urban shots... Even more shoots to come tomorrow!

No comments: