Saturday, November 19, 2011

Portland Fashion Photographer: Fun on the Job

God, I love my job! Going into work today (aka a beautiful studio space where our shoot was taking place) I had to shake off some bad energy and get into work mode. It was a teeny bit harder than usual, but seriously- there is almost nothing that can cure a bad day better than an awesome fashion shoot!

First thing first, I checked in with my beautiful model, Meredith Aledaide, and our talented makeup artist, Terri Reece, on the final direction for makeup and hair. I LOVE getting to collaborate on the overall transformation! Afterward, I looked out the designers pieces and we chatted about our inspirations for the shoot. When it was finally time to get behind the camera I was in full fledged work mode and not thinking about anything except directing something super cool and capturing the peak moments.
The cool thing about today was that our wardrobe stylist, Melissa Lechance, (along with our second model of the day, Megan Hodge) didn't arrived until her scheduled 3 hours into the shoot session... which meant that I got to take a break mid-way through the day to play with clothes and the most beautiful Solestruck shoes!

Thanks so much to the designers of all the gorgeous headpieces, Lorri and Denise!
I had an idea after lunch to set up a "photo booth" (aka my macbook) so that we could snap away throughout the day. Here are some out takes documenting our fun day:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: